Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Super Mom..... or not

    Monday (12/18) was my last trip to see Barbara Peckham-Devine, CNM. Her office is about 45 miles away in Grand Island. By 9:30 I had Brinley bathed, dressed, looking adorable, and fed along with getting myself showered, hair curled, dressed, fed, etc. I had Brinley in the car with the diaper bag and everything ON TIME (doesn't happen often with me!) and we met Roger at a gas station since he was on his way home. I was feeling like quite the "Super Mom" since I had everything done and ready to go.
     We got to my appointment and (of course) Brinley gets hungry again so we are in the waiting room and I am feeding her. Then I realize our little pee machine had peed through her diaper and onto her clothes (in a matter of one hour!). So I go to the diaper bag to get the necessary diaper-changing items. Much to my dismay not only do we not have any wipes left... we have NO DIAPERS!! (So much for "Super Mom"). Roger said he was going to run with her to the store in Grand Island while I was at my appointment but my midwife said they had some diapers there we could use. So everyone in the whole place knew I forgot diapers and wipes for my poor little baby. :-(
    Barbara brings in the diaper for us to use and... well.... just see for yourself (it was a little big)...


It was an Adult size small diaper! It was GIGANTIC!!



It was longer than she is! :-)
  

      But other than Mom's pride being crushed (as it probably should have been), the visit went great. Barbara says I am doing "wonderful" and she can't wait for me to have another little one. :-)

Thanks for checking in with us! We'll post again soon!

                  Janel (and Brinley)

No comments:

Post a Comment