Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Roger

Although it has been a CRAZY few weeks around here (tell you about it later...) I still want to make Roger's birthday as special as possible. I am trying my best to speak his love language-- chocolate. After Brinley's first birthday party, Roger told me that he wanted a "cake pop" cake like Brinley did but with a few twists. So I bought all the necessary ingredients (all of which listed chocolate in their ingredients). He said he wanted a whole cake made of the "cake pop" recipe. So I made the "cake pop" recipe and got to work...

Layer 1 --Cake pop recipe with chocolate chunks throughout

Layer 2-- Dark chocolate fudge frosting
 
 Layer 3-- Hard chocolate coating
 
Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top and coat the sides in hard chocolate.



We'll see if he likes it...

4 comments:

  1. probably not. better just send it over here. ;) looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am doubting he will like it!! You can send it over here... you have our address!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He LOVED it! (he ate 1/4 of the cake that night!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he liked it!! When's the "tell you about it later" coming?

    ReplyDelete