Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Don't Know Who This Doctor Person is, but I'm Not Sure I Like Her...

             "Grandma and Grandpa arrived yesterday and it was sooo great! I love being held by my Grandpa! I got lots of kisses and hugs and some cute clothes to wear on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm pretty sure they love me. After they went back to their hotel for the night I went to sleep for a little while so Mommy could get some rest and then woke her up a couple times when I got hungry throughout the night.
             "This morning everyone was rushing around to get ready so we could go meet this doctor person. Grandma gave me a bath (yuck!) and got me dressed pretty in pink. Then Mom put me in my car seat and everyone got in the car. Dad reminded mom that she forgot some paperwork so she grabbed the keys from the ignition and ran back inside. When she came back out and closed the door she got a terrible look on her face and started to cry. I'm not quite sure what happened but all of a sudden we switched over to Grandma's car. Mom said something about locking keys in the house.
            "Finally we arrived at this Kearney Clinic place. I wasn't sure about it... everyone looked sick! They took me back to a room and you'll never guess what they did to me- they got me naked!! Then while Mom was filling out paperwork they took me back and weighed me. Everyone said they were proud of me when I got off the scale. Apparently weighing 7lbs 8oz is a good thing! Mom was pretty overjoyed with me (I got lots of kisses!). She says that maybe pretty soon I'll look like my cousin Sage. Mom was pretty proud when she got off the scale, too. She weighs one pound more than when she got pregnant with me. Dad prayed and thanked God that Mom and I are doing so well. I guess the doctor wasn't so bad..."
                                              Brinley Ann Baker

1 comment:

  1. You'll never learn to hang on to your keys will you?? How many times have you locked keys somewhere?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete