Friday, February 17, 2012

Col.Oh.Rad.Oh. (Part Three)

Donuts. It's been a long-standing tradition for my parents to go out for donuts before church. It started when I was dragged, kicking and screaming, to confirmation at our Lutheran Church. I sat in class and listened to lecture after lecture while they ate donuts. Ugh.

I am now able to fully enjoy this pre-worship celebration and bring my kids along. We always go to Winchell's Donuts near my parent's church. Maz (the manager) always has my parent's cinnamon rolls and coffees ready for them. It's pretty sweet. Then we come rolling into town. No cinnamon rolls here, please. Just sprinkles. She'd eat sprinkles on anything. Doesn't matter what's under the sprinkles. Cake donut, yeast donut, Brussels sprouts. Just sprinkles on top, please.




Then we were off to church. No pictures there, sorry Pastor Matthew. And then on the road.

Grandpa was loading Brinley into her seat and I told him "Get her out-- gotta get a quick Grandparent pciture" -- because we always forget to take one!



The ride home was MUCH MUCH better than the ride there. (Props to the kiddos). Then we were back in the arms of our sweet Daddy. Titus was pretty stoked about that!

Thanks for letting us come out, Grandpa and Grandma! Thanks for buying a car for us to buy from you the next day! Thanks for taking us out to eat and making us supper! Thanks for being wonderful Grandparents!
-The Bakers

No comments:

Post a Comment