Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I've Got a Big Job Ahead of Me.

As I sit here writing this blog, nursing Silas, explaining to Brinley she needs to clean up her hair ties off the floor and telling Titus not to wrestle with his sister while she cleans I realize-- I'm a mother of three.
There is no turning back now.
I am now in charge of raising three human beings to be God-honoring, faithful, joyful, honest adults. Now THAT is a calling!
And it seems as though time is slipping through my fingers as I look over and see a little girl in the corner. Not a small child, but a young girl. Brinley is now four years old. I see all the places I have missed the mark, all the ways I have failed her as a mother, all the things I missed or messed up and am evermore thankful for grace.

God's plan for her life happens both with me and despite me.

Praise God for that. 





Like I said, time is flying by. Our sweet baby Silas is already 3 weeks old! He is starting to "chunk up" like his brother and sister did at his age. The double chin has hit and the cheeks are growing.
He is a very snuggly baby who loves to be held and to nurse. He would do both all day if he could.

He also hit a FANTASTIC milestone last night-- he slept for 3.5 hours STRAIGHT. 
{ I wont mention that it was on my chest in my bed }
{{... I'll save the co-sleeping debate to other crunchy people (like Dr. Sears)}}






So please pray for me. Pray for my children. Pray for my patience, joy, peace, sanity, and most of all that I can show the love, grace, and truth that He showed for me.

It's counter-cultural, it's against my very nature, it's insane, it's scandalous, but it's how I want to live my life-- modeling His love for his people. All people, but especially my littles.

1 comment:

  1. You need some new family pictures with Silas included. Tell Brinley I love her shirt. She really does Shine !!!

    ReplyDelete